Organised by the FIP Industrial Pharmacy Section in collaboration with FIP’s YPG
ChairSola Solarin, Savante Consulting Ltd, Nigeria
Information Technology is in a state of flux. It is impacting different areas of our lives in ways that we could only imagine a few years ago. Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Big Data and Drone Technology are aiding innovation in diagnosis and treatment of diseases, they are bringing efficiency into how healthcare is accessed and removing barriers to treatment, both man made and natural. Accross continents, and even within countries, there are huge disparities in healthcare indices. Some of these disparities align with socio-economic dichotomies, some are just created by natural barriers that were just too expensive to engage. This session, in four 10-minute video presentations will share innovation from different parts of the world in the way people are leveraging information technology, and rewriting the indices of health in populations that hitherto were neglected or simply hard to reach. 30 minutes will be devoted to discussing barriers to healthcare access in different parts of the world and how Information technology can be leveraged as solutions to these problems.
- Use of machine learning, deep learning and AI in the identification of new cancer markers and drug combination
Chun Wai Mai, International Medical University, Malaysia
- Application of drone technology in the delivery of medicines
Israel Bimpe, Zipline, Rwanda
- The use of 3D printing technology to design orodispersible film (ODF) and (trans)dermal drug delivery (TDD) for extemporaneous preparations in personalized therapy
Khalid Garba Mohammed, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify different barriers to access to healthcare in different parts of the world
- Distinguish how Information Technology has been leveraged to solve problems inhibiting access to healthcare in different parts of the world
- Outline solutions that can cost-efficiently resolve problems in their countries by leveraging technology.
Type of session: Knowledge-based